Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-A-Thon
In honor of Women’s History Month, join us for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries on subjects related to art and feminism. Never edited Wikipedia before? No problem; we'll help. All are welcome. Bring your laptop, if you have one, and feel free to drop in, or stay for the entire time.
The Library will provide:
- tutorials for beginner Wikipedians,
- suggestions for entries that need updating or creation,
- resources to assist us in providing reliable information on Wikipedia articles,
- a limited number of laptops,
- and refreshments!
* Art+Feminism is "a campaign improving coverage of cis and transgender women, feminism and the arts on Wikipedia. From coffee shops and community centers to the largest museums and universities in the world, Art+Feminism is a do-it-yourself and do-it-with-others campaign teaching people of all gender identities and expressions to edit Wikipedia." 2018 marks the fifth year of this important campaign, and it will be Gleeson Library's fourth year hosting a satellite event.
This is event is co-sponsored by the Art+Architecture department.
For more information about this event, contact: Colette Hayes, email@example.com.
- Friday, March 9, 2018
- 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Group Study Area (2nd Fl)